As the main guinea pig @ Shanti Life, I have to try all the products! As you can imagine, this may be fun or funny!! All products on Shanti Life shelves have been tried and tested by moi! SO, if you have happened to be in the store and I have been looking or acting a bit wonky, well now you know why, LOL. I’ve been excited about trying out THCV and messing around with different cannabinoids to tweak the experience. I must say, I love the effects so far. And yes, I have lost weight! Here’s the bla bla…
THCV (tetrahydrocannabivarin) is a cannabinoid that is found in the cannabis plant. It is structurally similar to THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), the primary psychoactive compound in cannabis, but it produces different effects.
Some potential benefits of THCV include:
- Appetite suppression: THCV has been shown to reduce appetite, making it a potential tool for weight loss.
- Diabetes management: THCV has been found to improve insulin sensitivity and regulate blood sugar levels, making it a potential treatment for type 2 diabetes.
- Bone growth: THCV has been shown to promote the growth of new bone tissue, which could make it a potential treatment for conditions like osteoporosis.
- Neuroprotective effects: THCV has been shown to have neuroprotective effects, which means it could help protect the brain from damage caused by conditions like Parkinson’s disease.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: THCV has been found to have anti-inflammatory effects, which could make it a potential treatment for conditions like arthritis.
The effects of THCV on energy levels are not yet fully understood, and more research is needed to determine its exact impact on the body’s energy levels. Some initial studies have suggested that THCV may have a stimulating effect and potentially boost energy levels. However, these findings are still preliminary and require further investigation.
The exact mechanism of how THCV works is still being studied, but it is thought to interact with the same receptors in the brain and body as other cannabinoids like THC and CBD.
However, THCV binds to these receptors differently than THC, which may be why it produces different effects. THCV is also thought to modulate the effects of THC, which means it could potentially reduce some of the negative side effects of THC like anxiety and paranoia. It is important to note that the effects of THCV can vary depending on a person’s individual biology, dosage, and method of consumption.
The benefits of THCV are thought to be enhanced when consumed as part of a full-spectrum cannabis hemp extract, due to the entourage effect. The entourage effect refers to the synergistic interactions between the different compounds found in cannabis, such as cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. When consumed together, these compounds may have a more significant impact on the body than when consumed alone.
While THCV is one of the many cannabinoids found in cannabis, it is typically only found in small amounts in most strains. By consuming a full-spectrum extract that contains added THCV, along with other cannabinoids like THC and CBD, as well as other compounds like terpenes, you may experience a more complete and balanced range of benefits.