CBD (cannabidiol) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid derived from the cannabis hemp plant, and it has been gaining popularity in the skincare industry. CBD receptors are present all over the skin, making it a potentially effective ingredient for a variety of skin conditions. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of CBD for skin care and how it interacts with the skin.
CBD for Skin Care
CBD has been shown to have numerous benefits for the skin, including:
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Inflammation is a common cause of skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. CBD has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness and swelling.
- Antioxidant Properties: CBD has been shown to be a powerful antioxidant, which can help to protect the skin from environmental stressors such as pollution, UV rays, and free radicals.
- Moisturizing Properties: CBD oil is rich in fatty acids, which can help to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
- Anti-Aging Properties: CBD has been found to stimulate collagen production, which can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How CBD Absorbs through the Skin
CBD can be absorbed through the skin in several ways, including:
- Transdermal Penetration: CBD can penetrate the skin and enter the bloodstream, where it can interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system.
- Topical Application: CBD can be applied topically to the skin, where it can interact with the skin’s cannabinoid receptors.
- Liposomal Delivery: CBD can be delivered to the skin using liposomes, which are small lipid vesicles that can penetrate the skin’s barrier and deliver CBD to the deeper layers of the skin.
Benefits of Woke Botanicals, Raw Cold Pressed Hemp
Woke Botanicals, Raw cold-pressed hemp oil is derived from the flowers and seeds of the hemp plant and has several benefits for the skin, including:
- Moisturizing Properties: Raw cold-pressed hemp oil is rich in fatty acids, which can help to hydrate and moisturize the skin.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Hemp oil contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antioxidant Properties: Hemp oil is rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from environmental stressors such as pollution, UV rays, and free radicals.
- Non-Comedogenic: Hemp oil is non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores and is suitable for all skin types.
CBD and raw cold-pressed hemp oil have numerous benefits for the skin, including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, moisturizing, and anti-aging properties. CBD receptors are present all over the skin, making it a potentially effective ingredient for a variety of skin conditions. Whether you are looking to reduce redness and swelling, protect your skin from environmental stressors, or hydrate and moisturize your skin, CBD and hemp oil may be able to help. Woke Botanicals Organic Body Lotion, our cold-pressed hemp extract in a luxurious CBD infused body lotion formulated to leave skin comfortable and moisturised. Our CBD Body Lotion is designed to soothe and calm skin, while providing hydration.
Each 4oz bottle contains 1000mg of organic Full Spectrum CBD (<0.3% THC) and is available in natural or patchouli Fragrance.
NOURISH AND SOOTHE
Woke Botanicals CBD Body Lotion is designed to soothe and calm skin, providing unparalleled hydration and softness.
Available in natural or patchouli essential oil. Apply a liberal amount to targeted areas by gently massaging lotion into the skin. Allow to fully absorb and repeat daily as needed.
Ingredients: Organic Hemp oil, Organic Aloe Vera gel, Organic coconut oil, cold-pressed CBD extract, glycerin, stearic acid, emulsifying wax, grape seed oil, phenooxyethanol, xanthan gum, TGC. Price 49.99